March 15, 2013

March Topbox Review

I actually received my Topbox last Friday... I feel terrible for waiting this long to post my review! I usually review my boxes as soon as I get them, but Topbox really surprised me! They usually ship out on or close to the 10th of the month, but this month it arrived on the the day I got my shipping notification O_O. LIGHT SPEED FAST HOLY CRAP. Anyways, here is my belated review about what I got this month...
 

Keep reading for the full review!

As you can see, no full sized products this month... unless you count the one sheet mask O_o. A good array of samples though so I'm not super disappointed. My review is probably slightly biased since I've been having a pretty good week so far. 

AVEDA Caribbean Therapy Body Cream

"A rich body creme with Caribbean mango, cocoa butter, and warm island aromas."
Full Size: $42 (200ml)

Wow... $42 body lotion lol. I don't think I've ever paid that much for a body lotion. My sample is 25ml so it's a really good size for travel or to throw into your purse. I love the smell! It's not overpowering like I expected it to be. I have a lot of body creme samples around this size that are in need of being used... I seriously go through body lotions at snail pace. I almost feel guilty for not taking better of the skin on my body instead of focusing all my time on moisturizing my face x_x.

L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil

"Discover Mythic Oil - the beautifying nourishing oil for the Cleopatra in you!"
Full Size: $26 (125ml)

I received two 3ml samples of the oil. I'm thinking that's good for two treatments? I'm assuming you shouldn't drench your hair in the stuff. My hair needs all the TLC it can get. Winter really kills my hair. The ends are all dry and frizzed up :(! I'll try this stuff and tell you guys how "mythical" it was lol.

MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Sheet Masks

"MaskerAide is a unique line of super hydrating facial sheet masks created for fabulous lifestyles!"
Full Size: $4.99 (1 mask) or $19 for 4

I'm a little disappointed in seeing a repeat in my Topbox. I got a different mask from this brand in a recent Topbox. I still haven't tried that one since I'm devoted to my masks from Taiwan. I guess now that they're "piling" up (haha only have 2...) I should start using them. The packaging scares me a bit because it looks like it will be super scented.

Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush

"Lovestuck has bloomed! A sparkling floral bouquet that blooms with instant attraction."
Full Size: $79 (50ml)

The sample size is 4ml and comes in a really long tube. I was hoping it would be a roller ball but it's just a longer version of the usual perfume samples with the rubber top. Nice scent! Not too heavy and I can pick up the floral with a hint of um... citrus? Yea, I'm really bad at describing perfumes x_x. I'll probably keep this one in my bag for on the go application.

Overall Thoughts

I think this month was just alright. It wasn't bad but I wasn't blown away either. That being said, I still prefer Topbox over Glymm box. They're more consistent in terms of delivery and their customer service seems a lot more organized. I've never had to send them a complaint over missing items and what not so I wouldn't know for sure, but from dealing with them on my friend's behalf they seemed good and prompt. Also, the brands in my topbox are more familiar to me and more accessible if I wanted to buy the full sized versions. With Glymm, many of the items I've only ever seen in their boutique if I wanted to continue and purchase. 

If you're interested in signing up for Topbox, visit www.Topbox.ca

* * * *

So as an update to my Glymm order with my beauty points... STILL NO SHIPPING CONFIRMATION! It's been a week since I ordered so I emailed them to see what's going on. I've never had an online store take longer than a week to process and ship an order out, not even an ebay seller O_O! Geeeez. Regardless I am not letting this ruin my awesome week so far and keeping a good positive attitude while job hunting :)


1 comment:

  1. We got the same! Except I got the Marc Jacobs perfume instead.

    & omg Glymm is suchh a stress lol
    new blogger ...show some<3 brokeanddbeautiful.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete