March 08, 2013

February Glymm Bag Review

Right... "February" Glymm bag -__-. Lol I finally got it today! Apparently they shipped out last week, but no one received notifications. Last month they told us when the box was going to be delayed, this month thye just decided to change the shipping date to the end of the month. I don't remember receiving any notice of this so I'm just going to assume they didn't give notice. This means from now on your boxes are always received in the month following the actual month it's for @@. I guess for new subbies they won't notice since it'll feel like they're receiving their bags super early. Anyways, here's what I got this month:


Keep reading for the full review!

This month there were two full sized products and a lollipop. Lol I guess they've been listening to people's complaints? All the samples are a really good size this time. They also provided a coupon for 50% off at Shiny Set, a jewelry subscription service. I probably won't use it though since I'm banning myself from any new subscriptions x_x. Been eyeing the shoe ones!

Purely Pro Eye Shadow 


"Welcome to your chic and classic eye makeup. This innovative shadow is sure to make you stand out in a crowd."
Full Size: $18

Apparently these shadows have "cutting edge technology" to make them smooth and gentle to apply. I've never heard anyone describe an eye shadow as innovative lmao. The shade I got is called "Luxury" which is a darker matte brown. This is a full sized product so the sample alone is worth more than the $15+tax I paid. I only use eye shadow when I'm going out. Usually I just have eye liner and mascara so I probably won't finish this for a long time. 

Villainess Ginger Snapped Bar Soap

"This original soap in all its luxurious lather is bound to transform your daily ablutions from a task into a treat"
Full Size: 99g ($6.00)

First, anyone who considers washing themselves a task/chore should really rethink their personal hygiene regimen. I enjoy all my showers and baths lol, just not the hair drying part of it. When I opened the box it was overpowered with this scent lol! It's not bad, but it's very ginger/cinnamony so some people might be turned off by it. The sample is nicely wrapped in paper and sealed with the sticker. It will probably make a good powder room soap or guest basket soap as well. Will most likely be giving this one to my mom since I'm more of a body wash person. 

Nailuv Gel Nail Polish

"This gel polish will leave your mani looking better for longer"
Full Size: 15ml ($14.95)

Unfortunately this sample requires a UV or LED light to cure it and I'd suggest a base coat meant for gel polishes. I don't know why Glymm would give this as a sample considering not many people have gel mani kits and lights ready to go at home. I was reading the complaints on their Facebook page about this and they responded by advertising their Nailuv starter kit for $70 LOL. Spend $70 so you can use you sample gel polish! Such a good deal la! It's a really nice deep shimmery pink shade and I'm oh so tempted to use it, but I am not ready to shell out for a gel nail kit. It's a shame not to use it though... I'll save it in case I decide to do my own gel nails sometime down the road :(.I like the zero commitment polishes I've been using. Gel nails last way too long for my indecisive self.

Femme Couture Monster Gloss

"Give your lips an intensity and shine that will last for hours"
Full size: 10.4g ($9.00)

When I saw this I was like OMG IT'S HUGE O_O! This is a full sized product and it definitely lived up to its monster name lol. It's a very shimmery lip gloss which is why I'm a little reluctant to try. It reminds me of when I used to use bonne bell lip glosses in high school haha. Lately I like my glosses without glitter and more on the creme side. Apparently it's good for moisturizing though so I'll give it a go soon.

This Month's Bag


This month's bag is definitely the cutest of them all >_<! It has little hearts for a Valentines theme. Unfortunately, as with last month, I haven't been using these since I have so many lol. I think if I can think of stuff to store in them I can start using my pile. I have one in my purse for storing makeup and that's about it. I think I've given 2 away too. This one definitely won't be leaving my hands though. 

Overall Thoughts

I think this month was again, just okay. It was a nice perk to have two full sized products, but nothing really got me super excited. The good thing is they are things I'll eventually use (except maybe the polish...) so it wasn't a let down :). I've already been charged for my March box, but I'll most likely cancel before they can charge me for April. It took some long decision making, but after subscribing to both Glymm and Topbox for over a year I think I've decided to just keep Topbox now. It's getting a bit expensive to keep both x_x. Not sure if I'll come back to Glymm... their organization just started to get a bit wonky and their customer service isn't like Topbox. I liked the beauty boutique points though which I have redeemed and will review my purchases when they arrive!

For those of you interested in subscribing to Glymm, go to www.Glymm.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment