February 04, 2013

January Glymm Bag Review

I got my January Glymm bag on Friday (Feb 1st) which is pretty late even for Glymm. What happened was they emailed everyone close to the 10th of January saying one item was delayed so the entire box that month would be delayed. No biggie, how nice of them to let us know right? No! No one heard anything for like weeks and even their Twitter and Facebook seemed oddly silent then out of no where they emailed a shipment notification. I heard some people didn't even get a notification and the bag just sort of popped up on their doorsteps one day. Anyways, all errors aside, here is what I got this month:


Keep reading for the full review!
No full sized products this month, but at least they're all pretty decent deluxe sized samples. No crappy 1 time use things. Seriously, one time I got a single blush paper lol. 

Lashem Double Trouble Mascara

"Let your lashes do the talking with this infamous Double Trouble Mascara!"
Full size: $20 (6 ml)

I actually received Lashem products already in my December Glymm bag. Last month I got a pair of falsies and an eyelash growing serum. For a second I thought it was another eyelash serum, but thankfully it's not. It's supposed to be extremely volumizing yet easy to remove. According to Glymm this sample lasts 14 uses... mmm I think not if you apply mascara as heavily as I do.

LA Fresh Facial Cleansing Wipes

"Perfect for jetsetters, go-getters, outdoor enthusiasts and multi-taskers everywhere"
Full size: $3.00 (1 Pouch)

Not sure how many are supposed to come in a pouch, but I'm sure it's not $3 each lol. Glymm tends to send a lot of LA Fresh products. I've received the nail polish remover wipes and makeup remover wipes in previous boxes. The nail polish ones were awesome, but the makeup ones were a bit too oily for my tastes. I have yet to try these ones since I plan to save them for travel. It's quite sad actually how many little face towelettes I have racked up for sleepovers, travel, and even in my makeup bag for emergency situations like getting trapped at school because all roads to leave were closed (Oh don't laugh, it's happened).

360 Skincare Lavender Mint Firming Serum

"Transform your skin from dull, dreary and mundane to vibrant, youthful and radiant."
Full Size: $34 (1 oz.)

This sample was a pretty good size for a serum. It's about the size of a single eyeshadow pot. According to my info card it is cruelty free which is always a good thing. I'm not a huge fan of Lavender though, but the smell isn't too strong so I can tolerate it. Consistency seems good and the sample will probably last about 2 weeks. Again, I won't be using this for a while since I have a don't open a new product until you've finished your old one rule. I usually do just first impressions with a Q-tip and then I'll actually review the product when I've had a few weeks to use it properly (stay tuned!).

Coolway Boost Serum

"This innovative hair serum restores and repairs when activated by low heat from styling, giving professional results."
Full size: $40 (9 oz.)

I was really happy to receive this. I've been obsessed with taking care of my sad, thin, damaged hair lately. Ever since I got my haircut in Taiwan and the stylist said my scalp was damaged, I've been going all out with buying anything that can save my hair O_O. Right now I'm using the CLEAR 7 day intensive treatment tubes (will review soon!) so I'll wait until that's done before using this one. The description says you have to wait 3 days between uses for this stuff so it's probably pretty intense. For the price of the full use it seems like this stuff means business. 

Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion

Bonus item! No idea about the costs etc. but from my memory it's not that expensive.

I believe people who have been subscribers for a year or more got this as a bonus item. I love burt's bees products, but I really hate the packaging of this sample. It's not resealable so you pretty much have to use it all up and overindulge on lotion for a day lol. Also, I've received this before so it's a shame they didn't surprise their 1+ year subscribers with something new?

This Month's Bag


This month was a dark ashy gold snake print makeup bag. I like that they always send you a bag (very Ipsy style in my opinion), but I'm starting to run out of uses. I have way too many makeup bags now and no purpose for any of them. At least when they did boxes before I would use them as storage boxes and label the sides. Oh well, shouldn't complain. I guess I can give them away to friends.

Overall Thoughts

This month was just okay. I liked the hair serum, but that was about it. The products were definitely worth the $10 of course so no complaints there. However starting with February's Glymm bag they've increased the monthly cost to $15. I'm not too sure if I'll be continuing with Glymm since my Topbox already satisfies me. However, I think I'll see what my next bag is like before deciding. Don't get me wrong, Glymm is a great bag, but so far it's only just met my expectations while Topbox tends to wow me every now and then. I also need to use up my Glymm points which is about $50 in their shop.

For those of you interested in subscribing to Glymm, go to www.Glymm.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment